Buoyant Marine VHF Transceiver
Great features mixed with style are the traits of Icom’s new IC-M25 buoyant marine VHF radio which floats and flashes when dropped into the water. Sporting an elegant slim design, this new model has the lightest body in the market for a floating VHF radio….just 220g. New for an Icom, this new radio has a tidy USB connector for convenient charging from a variety of electronic devices!
Slim, lightweight, easy to use
The IC-M25 is extremely lightweight, weighing only 220g. Its 30.5mm slim body is extremely comfortable to handle. Large LCD display and laser cut, curved shape buttons are well laid out and provide simple and straightforward operation. In fact, the IC-M25 LCD screen is 30% larger than its predecessor, the IC-M23, allowing you to clearly see the channel number and status icons.
Buoyant with flashing red LED
The IC-M25 floats when dropped in water. Not only does the LCD and key backlight on the front panel flash, but also the red LED light blinks through the rear panel showing the place of the radio so that it can be easily retrieved. The IC-M25 also floats even when the optional HM-213 microphone is attached.
11 Hours Long Battery Life
The built-in 1500mAh lithium-ion battery provides 5 Watts of transmit power and allows 11 hours (approximate) of long operation*. * Typical operation with Tx (Hi): Rx: standby=5:5:90
The IC-M25 has a Micro-B USB connector and can be charged with the supplied AC adaptor, BC-217 in 3 hours (approx.). Third party USB charger products such as cigarette lighters or mobile battery for charging smart phones, tablets or digital cameras may be used with the IC-M25*.
* The IC-M25 accepts 5V/1A (Max.) input. Use of third party products is not guaranteed.
550mW Audio Output and Optional Speaker Microphone
The IC-M25 provides a powerful 550mW (12 Ohm load) audio output and received voice can be heard loud and clear. The Volume loud and mute functions offer quick adjustment of the volume level by holding the VOL/SQL button and pushing the ▲ or ▼ button. The optional HM-213 waterproof speaker microphone provides extra convenience for leisure users.
• IPX7 waterproof construction (1m depth of water for 30 minutes)
• 4-step battery life indicator
• Dual/Tri-watch functions
• Instant access to Ch 16 or programmable call channel
• Quick channel selection with the Favourite channel function
• Monitor function for noise squelch control with VOL/SQL button
• Auto scan function
• LCD auto backlighting
• AquaQuake draining function
Icom IC-M25 Euro
- Slim, lightweight, easy to use
- USB charging (Micro-B USB type)
- 11 hours operating time
- Buoyant with flashing red LED
- Large LCD and simple user-interface
- 5W RF output and 550mW audio
- Optional HM-213 waterproof speaker microphone